We understand that reading about a topic may not always give you all the information you need; you may want to speak with an advisor by email, or you may just prefer to speak with an advisor face-to-face. We offer daily drop-ins across various sites, or you can arrange a booked meeting with one of our team.
To book in with one of our advisors or receive email advice, please complete the below form, or send an email with your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org with this Data Consent Form attached.
We will aim to respond to you within 2 working days, however in busy periods this may be longer.
Advice Request Form
Section 1: Contact Details
Section 2: Enquiry Details
What is your enquiry regarding?
How can we help?*
Section 3: Advice Service Agreement & Consent to Store Data
- I understand that the Advice Service will keep a record of my case.
- I understand that this record may include personal or sensitive data which can be used to identify an individual - this can include your name, date of birth, student number, address, etc.
- I agree to my information and case records being accessed by the advisors within the Advice team as necessary in relation to my case.
- I understand that due to data protection, I have a right to request a copy of my case notes, or to have all record removed of my case(s).
- I understand that an Advisor will only act on my behalf or discuss my case with other parties with my permission, unless they have identified that I may be at risk of harm to myself or others, or for them not to do so would break the law.
- I agree to the Advice team discussing my case with a department at the University of Chester. I understand this consent is voluntary and consent can be withdrawn at any time by emailing email@example.com
- I am happy for the Advice Service to contact me to request anonymous feedback.
We ask you to:
- Treat our Advisors, as well as other staff and visitors within the Advice Centre, in a courteous manner.
- Turn up promptly to all booked appointments (please be aware being more than 15 minutes late to an appointment will result in the appointment being cancelled).
- Tell us if you are unable to attend an appointment.
- Keep us informed of any changes that may affect your case.
- Aim to respond to you within 2 working days.
- Explain your rights and responsibilities and help you decide what to do;
- Send all advice/information in writing (usually via email) as appropriate.
- Contact other parties on your behalf (with your permission)
- Make every reasonable effort to contact you, but we will presume you no longer wish to use our service if you do not respond.
- Keep a copy of your case record for six years, after which time it will be securely destroyed, in line with our Data Protection Policy.
- Upon request, provide you with a copy of any data we hold on you electronically.
By signing below, you are agreeing to the Advice Service Agreement as written above, and consent to the Advice Team creating a record of this enquiry.