Setting up a new Sports Club or Society
If none of our 120+ Sports and Societies are currently available at Chester Students’ Union, we encourage you to set up your own new Sports Club or Society – it couldn’t be easier:
1. Complete the New Sports & Societies Form. The form MUST have 12 signatures by students interested in signing up to the new sport/society.
2. Hand the form into the Student Activities Office.
3. The decision will take approx. 10 days and you will receive an email with the decision from Sarah Latham (Student Activities Manager).
Why set up a new group?
- It’s a great way to meet new friends and socialise with people who share your interests
- It’s also a great way to maximise your University experience and have fun!
- The group can consume as much or as little of your leisure time as you desire – make it your own
- You have the potential develop an established group and leave a legacy by getting involved in community initiatives, fundraising for local charities, running events and competitions at the University, the list is endless.
- Being a leading role in a club or society is a fantastic way to develop your own personal skills and enhance your CV ready for when you leave University.