Setting up a new Club or Society
If none of our Societies currently appeal to you, we encourage you to set up your own new one – it couldn’t be easier:
1. Complete the New Society Form. The form MUST have 2 signatures by students interested in signing up to the new sport/society.
2. The decision will take approx. 10 days and you will receive an email with the decision from Rio Hall (VP Activities).
Why set up a new group?
- It’s a great way to meet new friends and socialise with people who share your interests
- It’s also a great way to maximise your University experience and have fun!
- The group can consume as much or as little of your leisure time as you desire – make it your own
- You have the potential to develop an established group and leave a legacy by getting involved in community initiatives, fundraising for local charities, running events and competitions at the University, the list is endless.
- Being a leading role in a club or society is a fantastic way to develop your own personal skills and enhance your CV ready for when you leave University.
What are the benefits of setting up a new group?
There are many benefits for you and your group once affiliated with Chester SU.
Your own page on the SU website
Access to rooms and spaces on campus
Help and guidance on how to promote your group
Managed bank accounts within the Students’ Union
Access to personal development and group development training
Opportunities for financial support for your group through the SU's funding streams for Societies.
Check out our new Societies below:-
Feeling a Bit Stuck?
Don’t panic. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or pop into the activities office for guidance on what to do.