Mental Health Accreditation Scheme
Chester Students’ Union recognises that mental health is as important as physical health and that effective mental health promotion involves not only attending to the needs of those with mental health difficulties, but also promoting the general mental well-being of all of our students.
We are launching this year our societies and sports mental health accreditation scheme. This idea was born after committee feedback from last year.. We know that sports clubs and societies provide amazing support to our students, and wanted to give them the tools to run their own mental health campaigns.
Each sport or society must complete at least 4 of the following criteria.
- The sports club or societies’ member should attend Mental Health Awareness training run by Wellbeing Team at the University*
- The sports club or society should post on their societies’ social media about their commitment to breaking the mental health stigma, and encourage an open culture about mental health in their club or society adding the logo.
- The sports club or society should run a non-alcohol focused social, such as a coffee afternoon, allowing members who may not be able to drink to socialise. Other event could include trip to cinema, bowling or visiting local Chester attractions.
- The sports club or society should either engage with a mental health campaign run by The Students’ Union, or run their own. This could include supporting Mental Health Week , or running campaigns within their club to show ‘It’s OK not to be OK’
- Fundraise at least £50 for a mental health charity of your choice.
*This is a compulsory criteria
Throughout the year you can submit evidence to email@example.com. Please also let us know when the events are so the SU can help support. CSU will present the accreditation at the end of the year.