This page is for sports coaches coaching our Chester Students' Union Clubs.
- Lead Coaches (paid and voluntary): must be qualified to UKCC Level 2 (or equivalent)
- Assistant Coaches (paid): must be qualified to UKCC Level 1 (or equivalent)
- Assistant Coaches (voluntary): should be working towards gaining their UKCC Level 1 (or equivalent)
For further information about Coaching Qualification, please contact Sarah Latham.
Coach/Instructor registration happens annually, regardless of how long a coach has been teaching. No coaching may take place until Coach/Instructor registration is complete. Coaches and Instructors can be fellow students, members of Universoty of Chester or Student’s Union staff or completely external people. No matter what they do for a job, Chester Students' Union Finance Department consider them as Self Employed – this is to do with tax status. Please go to the link to see further information about submitting an invoice to Finance.
More information can be found in the CSU Coaches Handbook
To register as a Chester Students' Union Coach:-
Coach should download and complete the following forms.
All sections of this form must be completed and photocopies of the following documents attached:
- Coaching Certificates
- Public Liability Insurance
- First Aid Certificate
- Passport/Driving License (Please note: This will need to be phootcopied in person)
If a paid coach the coach should fill in the Club-Coach agreement form with the Club Captain.
All forms musat be submitted to Sarah Latham (Student Activities Manager) at email@example.com or or handed in at Activities Office.