Setting up a New Sport or Society
If none of our 100+sport and societies is not fulfilled within Chester Students’ Union, then you are very welcome to set up your own new Sports Club or Society – it couldn’t be easier! You just have to make sure that your society does not carry out any activities that are similar to another existing society. If it doesn’t then you can set up a society by following these simple steps
Why set up a new group?
- If you think we’re missing something from our list of sports and societies you could set up a new sports club or society.
- Running a sports club society is easy and takes as much or as little time as you and your fellow committee members would like to give to it.
- Your group could run social events, competitions, training, talks, organise a conference, raise money, bungee-jumping, enter competitions, whatever you like.
- Running a group is a great way to develop your skills and make a difference to students.
Support for students running groups
Students’ Union sports clubs and societies can get support, resources and funding from the Students’ Union.
We can help you publicise your activities, network with other society committee members, include you in our insurance policy, advise you on things like organising events and recruiting members.
How to register a new group?
- Complete the New Sports & Societies Form. The form MUST have 12 signatures by students interested in signing up to the new sport/society.
- Hand the form into the Student Activities Office.
- The decision will take approx. 10 days and you will receive an email with the decision from Sarah Latham (Student Activities Manager).
The staff in the Activities Centre are here to support you and we can provide more information, funding and advice to help you out. Please contact Sarah Latham (Student Activities Manager) for more information at email@example.com or call 01244 513395.