Because we understand that money doesn’t grow on trees
Student Finance England is the service delivering student finance www.direct.gov.uk/studentfinance 0845 300 50 90
- Log on to work out what student loans and grants you may be entitled to, visit the online calculator.
- Log on to get information on student finance, to access the online application form, or to download the application forms.
- Log on for up-to-date information on your student finance application.
- Log on to re-apply for student finance annually.
What do I have to pay?
- Tuition Fees – the cost of your course.
- Living Costs – everything else.
- Course materials.
- Socialising etc.
- Universities and Colleges set their tuition fees.
- Pay your tuition fee upfront.
- Defer your payment until after you graduate.
There are two types of student Loans:
- Student loan for Maintenance.
- Student loan for Fees.
Loan for Maintenance
- To help with your living costs.
Student Loan for Fees
- You can apply for the exact amount your University charges for your course.
- This will be added to your student loan for maintenance to be paid back after you graduate.
Financial Assistance Fund
If you’re in hardship and need extra financial support, you can make an application for the Financial Assistance Fund. Click here for more information and to download an application form.
How to Apply
You usually apply through your University or College they will tell you exactly what information you will need to supply.
Usually, you apply after you start your course – by this time, you’ll know how much you’re getting through the standard student finance package.
Extra financial support is available for:-
- disabled students (full-time and part-time).
- students with children (full-time only).
- students with dependent adult (full-time only).
- students in finanancial hardship (full-time and part-time).
Log onto www.direct.gov.uk/studentfinance for up-to-date information, forms and guides.
Contact details for the Student Finance Services European Team offering advice to EU students applying for student finance in the UK:Address Student Finance Services European Team PO Box 89 Darlington DL1 9AZ.
Email: EU_Team@slc.co.uk Phone: (+44) (0) 141 243 3570 Open Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm.